A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech. You must book by October 11 using this link to get the Georgia Tech rate of $124.00/night. This rate is valid for any of the nights of Oct 25, 26, and 27; if you plan to stay other nights, please contact the hotel directly to secure the best rate.
Here are other hotels close to Georgia Tech's campus. Please call for rates and be sure to ask if there is a Georgia Tech rate.
|Atlanta Midtown Courtyard by Marriott
1132 Techwood Drive
| Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech
244 North Avenue (across the street from campus)
| Georgian Terrace
659 Peachtree Street NE
| Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
800 Spring Street
| Hotel Indigo
683 Peachtree Street
| Regency Suites
975 West Peachtree Street
If you are traveling to Atlanta for POEMs via plane, then the easiest way to reach Tech is the MARTA (~$2.50), though a Taxi is a reasonable option as well (~$35). The subway (MARTA) runs from the airport to within a few blocks of campus. At the airport, follow the signs to MARTA, which is the Atlanta Subway. You'll see the signs after arriving at the baggage claim area.
The airport is the end of the south line. There are a couple of MARTA stations that are close to campus; the North Avenue station is within walking distance and the Midtown station operates a trolley to campus and it's the closest to the hotel. Maps below show detailed directions to the venue. To reach campus from the North Avenue station, ride the train north, to the North Ave MARTA station.
- Disembark at the North Avenue Station
- Exit the station to the south (opposite direction of the train)
- Upon exiting the station, walk west along North Avenue and cross the interstate
- Continue on North Avenue and turn right onto Cherry Street.
- Walk past the road barrier and the Skiles building to the large sidewalk. Go down the steps and sidewalk to the Student Center straight in front of you. The conference is in the Student Center Theater on the 1st floor.
From North Atlanta (I-75/85 Southbound):
- On I-75/85 Southbound, take exit #249D (North Avenue)
- Turn right onto North Avenue
- Continue on North Avenue to the second red light (Tech Parkway), turn right and park in any space on the right side of the street
From South Atlanta (I-75/85 Northbound):
- On I-75/85 Northbound, take exit #249D (Spring Street/West Peachtree)
- On the exit ramp, proceed through the first intersection (Spring Street)
- Turn left at the second intersection onto West Peachtree
- Turn left onto North Avenue
- Continue on North Avenue to the third red light (Tech Parkway), turn right and park in any space on the right side of the street
Visitor parking lots can be found by clicking the map in the footer and select parking. It goes without saying, do not park in any handicapped, reserved or facilities only places.